Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the staff of the Hans Eisenmann Forum office can only be contacted by telephone and e-mail. You will find the contact details here
All HEF events are cancelled until further notice.
Further information can be found at https://www.tum.de/die-tum/aktuelles/coronavirus/.
World Agricultural Systems Center
Hans Eisenmann-Forum for Agricultural Sciences
Meeting global challenges with innovative agricultural research
Global food security - Health - Ecological security - Energy security - Climate change
These are challenges that society faces over the next few decades.
Agricultural science as a systems science combines the broad range of methods of scientific basic research with the issues of agricultural practice in order to develop solutions for the major challenges.
Plants and animals, soil and water, ecology and economy - the research ranges from the molecular and cellular level to practical field experiments.
The World Agricultural Systems Center on the campus in Weihenstephan
- connects all agricultural science-oriented chairs and institutions of the TUM,
- supports cooperation with other agronomic institutions at the site,
- acts as a broker for professional expertise, e.g. in contact with the media,
- provides a platform for communication and dialogue with the various fields of agriculture and agronomy,
- supports the transfer of knowledge through lectures and symposia for scientists, students, practitioners, experts and interested citizens
- and is the visible contact for agricultural science inside and outside the TUM.
One goal is to further develop the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary character of agricultural sciences at the Weihenstephan site.